Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cats, job offers and college. OH MY!

Last night I came home to fing Laki, Stephanie's old, sick cat,(one of 3 old, sick cats) laying in the garden crying. I shook his food bowl, and called his name, but he didnt respond. I went over to investigate, along with a neighbor who had walked over. It turned out that Laki couldnt move the bottom half of his body. His back paws, and tail were paralyzed. He didnt have any apparent injuries, so we put him in a basket and settled on calling the vet in the morning, since it was already almost midnight. Needless to say, I was up all night, watching to make sure he was still breathing. Around 7 I cleaned the whole house, (which needed to be done), and comtemplated showering. (but didnt). At 9 I brought him to the neighbor and we called the vet, and Stephanie. the vet said to come at 1pm, so we waited, and waited, while Laki cried. It was so sad.

The vet said it looks like he may have been hit by a car and have internal injuries. I really dont understand who would hit a cat, and drive away. No note, nothing. At first the vet said he was going to need to be put down. (At this point I started crying) I couldnt imagine watching a living thing die, right there. DIE when I was supposed to have been taking care of him.But for some reason, she (the vet) decided to hold off on that. she gave him some medicine, and decided to run some tests, and if he's not better in the morning...well, you know.

On another, slightly less dramatic note, I got a job offer.

Thing is? Its in California. A family friend's girlfriend had a ruptered brain anuerysm about 5 years ago. She wasnt expected to live, but miraculously did, and recovered her speech too. She is doing really well, but still needs help with some basic tasks, like cooking, and getting in and out of the shower. thats where I would come in. Jeff (family friend) wants to pay me, and offer me a free place to live and eat, in exchange for helping out with her care. Its similar to what im doing now, but it would give me the opportunity to take a break from kids, and be closer to home. Well, not really clsoer to home, but atleast in the country. I could go there around Halloween, and stay until maybe next June. about 6 months, and in that time, save some money, and take some night classes, so I could enter school at home in the fall a a sophmore.

A few "buts"-

But it would mean leaving home once again. Missing my family, missing my friends.

But it would be a nice opportunity, and its CALIFORNIA!

But I would be 3,00 miles from home.

But California has a great Homosexual community.

But Id be 3,00 miles from home!

But California also has a great art scene.

I also talked to my mom about applying for spring semester admission, and letting me live at home until school starts. That way I could work, save up some money for a shitbox car, and be close to my family and friends.

Basically, I have quite a lot to think about.

And points for me! I took a shower today! Yay for functioning!!!!

No comments: